The holiday season is hectic. There’s shopping, long lines and in-laws. I have no doubt that you’re probably already at your wits and there’s still a whole nuther week to go. I know I am, especially since I’m no where near done shopping. But despite all of that it’s important not to let the craziness keep you from indulging in something just for you.
Which is why discovering the Luvs #WhatULuv campaign which focuses on taking me time was such a fortunate find. Why? Because Luvs provides some staggering statistics regarding moms and their lack of me time.
As the official diaper of experienced parents, Luvs is always committed to providing moms and dads with value. They recognize that parenting can be difficult, so diapering shouldn’t be. Luvs conducted a formal poll of moms across the country to take a look at parenting like it really is and uncover what they truly value most. The survey found that:
- Nearly 2 in 3 moms have never taken a day completely for themselves.
- 81% of moms would prefer an entire day off from housework than dinner with their celebrity crush.
- 87% of moms agree that the first time their child slept through the night was one of their best parenting times yet.
- Even a short spurt of “me” time goes a long way! A quarter of moms surveyed stated that they felt an uninterrupted shower was more relaxing than a day at the spa.
- Other major moments moms value more now than before they became parents include sleeping past sunrise, watching television and movies that aren’t cartoons, and having an interrupted phone conversation.
what is my favorite #WHATULUV MOMENT?
Eating all the holiday cookies I can get my hands on. As you already know, I love snacking and when the holiday’s roll around the sweets get better and better. Last week a friend made a batch and I seriously musta ate like 12 of them – in one sitting! And while my stomach in the moment was filled with joy, the next day it was filled with deep rumblings and regret. Would it keep me from eating that many in the future? No way! Nothing brings me more joy than snuggling up in by the radiator with a mug of tea and holiday cookies. This is of course while the kids are in school cause after all, #nosharies!
Share your favorite holiday #WhatULuv moment below in the comments.
FYI: The Luvs Survey was conducted by Wakefield Research (www.wakefieldresearch.com) among 500 U.S. moms of children ages 3 and under, between October 19th and October 26th, 2016. // I was not compensated for this post as it is not apart of the paid #WhatULuv campaign via iConnect for LUVS.