Teleflora has linked up with Sperling’s BestPlaces to bring us the ‘Top 10 Mom Friendly Cities’ and to talk about gifts that moms actually want for Mother’s Day. Sadly NYC is not on that list. I can make an entire post another time to talk about why that is. But for now let’s see the cities that did make the cut:
Top 10 Mom Friendly Cities
- San Jose, CA
- Milwaukee, WI
- Raleigh, NC
- Cincinnati, OH
- Washington, DC; Arlington/Alexandria, VA
- Columbus, OH
- Baltimore, MD
- Boston, MA
- Honolulu, HI
- San Francisco-Oakland, CA
This list also included a survey from moms across the U.S. that asked them about the types of gifts they really wanted for Mother’s Day. And as I stated previously, cards are not enough. Moms rightfully want and deserve more.
- 50% of moms want flowers and brunch or dinner with their family.
- 24% of moms would like a handmade gift.
- 16% of moms prefer a spa visit.
- 10% of moms are happy with a Mother’s Day card.
A Mother’s Day list wouldn’t be complete without an additional survey that wanted to know what types of flowers moms wanted
- 41% prefer a mixed floral bouquet with the season’s freshest blooms.
- 26% would like a flowering plant.
- 18% selected a bouquet with roses.
- 15% want a Mother’s Day bouquet with lilies.
And speaking of flowers, Teleflora has some amazing flowers for Mother’s Day this year. Some of their most popular are shown below. My personal favorite is the Field of Butterflies. Visit Teleflora online for a complete display of all of their arrangements for Mother’s Day. Don’t forget Mother’s Day is May 10th make sure you order your bouquet now to ensure it gets there on time.
Did your city make the top 10 list? What do you think about the list? What you would like to receive this Mother’s Day?
Photo Credit: Teleflora